Went fishing in a trout lake today,at least Ian did. There were a pair of Great Blue Herons flying around and I think I know where their nest might be. Saw 3 Osprey,one dove down into the water but came up empty beaked. There were crowds of red winged black birds,males of course. The females are a stripey brown,very plain looking. we used to have all those at our old place. Even saw a big red-headed woodpecker and a little downy woodpecker. we see those each winter here.Ian mixes up chunky peanut butter with chopped peanuts and bird seed. no wonder we go through so much peanut butter,all the nuthatches and chickadees eat the black oil sunflower seeds plus niger seed. we grow a lot of our own sunflower seeds so just leave them standing all winter.
I am making an appointment with the family doctor because of really bad headaches and bleeding nose.Oh well,just more tests.wonder if that is because of low platelets.Well they will also find that out from my next blood test. I have to go pick up my insulin tomorrow.they gave me 2 boxes and owe me 10 more. I have 98 refills left. 1 refill of 12 boxes costs $640.00, I pay $25.
Poor Harry was car sick on the way home.He didnt barf just was drooling and keeping his eyes closed. Now I know that I need to go to the vet and get him something for travel sickness.Got to find out about heartworm meds. We didnt have that on the island so never thought to get information on it.
Ian is still being a food Nazi. I have finally gotten him to realize that somedays I am just not hungry. I have something to eat much later.Like yougort or strawberries or my favorite raspberries. I was going to make pea soup tomorrow but the temperature is going to be warm. I should be able to plant the sunflowers,the calendulas and nastursiums.
We have to start thinking about getting the trailer ready for the Yukon trip. Need to unroll the canopy and give it a scrub besides all the outer shell. We left the fridge door open all winter so I just need to scrub it down with baking soda. Same with the bathroom..we wont find any mice nests because we put bait on top of the tires and every cupboard. Probably left clothes in there over the winter as well as towels.Have to wash them,they get a funny 'dead air' smell.
I am going to finish this now, and go to bed,have been fighting off sleep since 6pm. Maybe instead of fighting it,I should just go to bed.will talk again soon,hope it is more interesting next time. hmmm dont I say that every time?? Night to all
Lynda;
ReplyDeleteOur neighbour works for a vet and amazingly many of our 'human' meds work great for dogs too. She told me to give Casper a gravol pill. I give him one before we take him anywhere in the van. Really calms him down and he hasn't been car sick since. He is epileptic and gravol or the herb, valerian calms him and prevents seizures when he's upset (thunderstorms) Casper is a large dog, so a normal dose works well for him. If I remember right, Harry is a small dog, so check with your vet to see what the dose should be for him. Gravol and valerian are much cheaper than the other meds I have gotten from the other vet we had. Dogs can take aspirin (asa) too for pain, (Casper has arthritis, poor old fellow) but never give them tylenol or the generic equilivant ... this can cause kidney failure.
I envy you the Yukon trip. Sure would love to go back up there again. May be in Alberta this coming Aug, if things go the way I want. The kids are moving to Fox Creek and my grand daughter in Beaverlodge is going to present me with a great grandson the begining of Aug and I want to meet him.
Keep on blogging ... love reading it:))