Thursday, May 13, 2010

It has been quite the day.The fire got going again,they estimate it is 1000 hectares. We had one friend evacuate their horsed,donkeys,dogs and cats because if the wind shifts,their place wont be safe. Another guy we know lost his,barn and outbuildings,they managed to get the fire away from his house. Where we quad,there is 2 building that got burned. It was hard to breathe outside this afternoon. the wind shifted again and I couldnt smell any smoke.For a time there was an air quality advisory for Redwater. my throat was sore so didnt go outside once that happened.

We got more cow manure this morning. The guy was there and offered to fill the truck for us. This stuff is fresh and looks to have no bedding in it. The stuff smells good.Our creepy neighbours on one side will be quite pissed off. Tough shit. Speaking of that,they scoop up their dog crap in a pile at the fence. Doesnt bother me, we pick up ours every day and put it in the waste bin for organics.Nothing can be more organic than dog poop.

These neighbours are so strange,if we go outside and they are out they go in,bring their kids in and their 2 dogs. He has never said a word to us during the 4 years they have been there.Oh she talked to me after one of their drunk friends called me 'sweet cheeks' and Being my usual self,told him to fuck off.She said dont say that and I told her to fuck off,too. I cant stand drunks,never have. I have heard some worse language coming out of her mouth directed at her kids. Small town,small lots ,open windows and doors!

Tomorrow I have to spend some time searching for my phone's house charger,cant find it. I have to get the laundry caught up and clean the bathroom floor. If it is not too smokey out side,I will plant some more seeds.well, thats all thats happening here for now. Have a good night,all.

No comments:

Post a Comment